Encore Clothing was started by Lara Rocchi, a former corporate attorney, who tried selling her business wardrobe online when she left legal practice, only to be frustrated and inconvenienced.
This led to the realisation that there was a need for a forum where people could consign their unwanted, but gently used, high quality clothing, shoes, and accessories, without hassle... and where cost-savvy stylish buyers could acquire beautiful items at reasonable prices.
Encore Clothing is an online consignment store based in Johannesburg, South Africa, that ships both nation-wide and internationally.
To Encore Clothing, quality is key. All items are in excellent or very good condition. If there is a defect, Encore will be upfront. Otherwise, every item listed will be as close to new as possible (or even new).
All items are classified according to the following conditions:
- Brand New With Tags: item still has original tags and/or packaging
- New Without Tags: item has not been worn or used but tags have been removed
- Like New: item is like new and shows hardly any signs of wear or use
- Very Gently Worn: item shows only minor signs of wear or use; shoes only show slight wear underneath
- Gently Worn: item shows some signs of wear or use but is still in excellent condition; shoes show wear underneath
Encore Clothing will photograph the clothing, catalogue them, list them, sell them, deliver them to the buyer… and everything in between. A reasonable commission is charged for this service and is agreed upfront. There's nothing for you to do except to enjoy the profits of your wardrobe!