Encore Clothing was started by Lara Rocchi, a former corporate attorney, who tried selling her business wardrobe online when she left legal practice, only to be frustrated and inconvenienced.
This led to the realisation that there was a need for a forum where people could consign their unwanted, but gently used, high quality clothing, shoes, and accessories, without hassle... and where cost-savvy stylish buyers could acquire beautiful items at reasonable prices.
Encore Clothing is an online consignment store based in Johannesburg, South Africa, that ships both nationwide and internationally.
To Encore Clothing, quality is key. All items are in excellent or very good condition. If there is a defect, Encore will be upfront. Otherwise, every item listed will be as close to new as possible (or even new).
All items are classified according to the following conditions:
- New With Tags: item still has original tags and/or packaging
- New Without Tags: item has not been worn or used but tags have been removed
- Like New: item is like new and shows hardly any signs of wear or use
- Very Gently Worn: item shows only minor signs of wear or use; shoes only show slight wear underneath
- Gently Worn: item shows some signs of wear or use but is still in excellent condition; shoes show minor wear
Encore Clothing will photograph the clothing, catalogue them, list them, sell them, deliver them to the buyer… and everything in between. A reasonable commission is charged for this service and is agreed upfront. There's nothing for you to do except to enjoy the profits of your wardrobe!